Depression Symptoms & Treatment
- Difficulty falling asleep or waking in the middle of the night
- Waking too early and not getting back to sleep
- Eating more or less than usual
- Having lower sex drive than usual
- Loss of pleasure in things that normally are pleasurable
- Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness
- Poor concentration
We treat your depression by starting with a full evaluation to determine its nature. There are different kinds of depression. One type is Reactive Depression, and it occurs as a normal reaction to a loss or a frustration that you can’t do anything about. If someone you care about dies, if there is a reversal of fortune, if any difficult life experience occurs, you might get depressed. Although this is a normal reaction, the depression is still very unpleasant and difficult with symptoms of great distress, hopelessness, helplessness, a profound lack of energy, such that you might just want to stay in bed. Your sleep patterns and eating can change drastically. You lose interest in things that you normally enjoy.
The good news is that Depression is treatable You can substantially reduce the amount of time you feel low.